Kim’s poem called The Hunger Dialect was published online at the Poetry X Hunger website. There is audio of the poem too. Click here: https://www.poetryxhunger.com/create/poem-by-kim-b-miller
Performances – Jan 2021
- Kim recited her poem called Temple from Falling Leaves (Interfaith Poetry Anthology) online via Zoom. It was hosted by All Souls Church.
- Arlington County has been celebrating MLK Jr for over 50 years. This is the 52nd Annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration. It’s online and it’s free. Kim was honored to be included in this great event.
- Starting Sat., Jan. 16, visit https://arlingtonparks.us/mlk-tribute for a dynamic experience that allows the user to select the content they wish to view.
- The content will remain online for the coming months. here are the links to Kim’s videos:
- Kim created a dramatic video of a poem and it was the opening performance of an event for Northern Virginia Community College. The event was called NOVA SERVES: Virtually: MLK DAY of Service.
- Kim also co-facilitated one of the breakout rooms which was a Family Writers’ Workshop.
- Kim recited poetry on Zoom to celebrate the healing power of poetry and to raise funds for the Covenant House. Kiana and Kelly were the awesome hosts.
Activities – Jan 2021
- Kim created a bold video of a poem and it was the opening performance of an event for Northern Virginia Community College. The event was called NOVA SERVES: Virtually: MLK DAY of Service. Kim also co-facilitated one of the break out rooms which was a Family Writers’ Workshop.
- Kim read poetry and was interviewed online at What’s the Word by BLPS Network. This family friendly show is hosted by Queen T with co-host SoSo Dolo. This show was on Facebook Live via Zoom.
Publications – Feb 2021
One of Kim’s poems was published in the newsletter for Triumph The Church of the New Age – International.
Performances – Feb 2021
- Kim recited a poem online for the Prince William County Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. They hosted an event for artist Rene Dickerson.
- Kim performed poetry online for Idris O’Connor’s program on Black History and his candidacy. There will also be a segment on getting to know the candidate.
- Kim created a dramatization of a poem for Black History Month. The video was part of an event for The Town of Dumfries.
Activities – Feb 2021
- Kim recited poetry and she was interviewed online by 2 students and an administrator of Graham Park Middle School (PWC school) as part of their event: Black History Makers Spotlight.
- Kim performed poetry and facilitated a workshop for middle school students in DC online (DCPS).
- Kim recited poetry online for Grace Brethren Christian School. She also made a poem up on the spot, based on the abstract words the students provided. They tried to “stump the poet”. This was for their Black History Drama Class Celebration. (Maryland school)
- Kim recited poetry and taught haiku, online for Write By The Rails.
Prince William Little Theatre presented a collection of performances in a parody about navigating relationships in the midst of the Covid pandemic in this cabaret-style evening featuring music, theater, and spoken word called: “Relationships In Covid Times.” The production is hosted by Hylton at Home which brings you live streamed performances and releases of previously recorded content. Hylton at Home is a part of George Mason University’s College of Visual and Performing Arts (CVPA). Kim was honored to be a member of the cast.
- Kim was interviewed on IG @blackgreekpoets as part of their Poet Laureate Series.
- Kim hosted, performed poetry and she invited 5 dynamic PWC poets to come speak their truth for Black History Month. You can watch Feb’s Poetry Escaped below:
Publications – Mar 2021
Kim was featured as PWC Poet Laureate in both anniversary editions of Vision & Purpose magazine. March/April. https://www.vandpmagazine.com
Performances – Mar 2021
- Kim performed poetry online for Vision & Purpose magazine. It was their one year anniversary.
- Kim was one of the featured poets for a “Celebration of Women” for Mr. Speaker Ink. This Women’s History Month event was online.
Activities – Mar 2021
- Kim was interviewed and recited poetry on Quintessential Listening: Poetry Online Radio. The fantastic host is Dr. Michael Anthony Ingram.
- You can listen to the replay. Click here
- Kim facilitated a haiku class online.
- Kim facilitated a workshop: University of California, Berkeley 36th Empowering Womxn of Color Conference.
- Kim was a guest on Strangers Connection Podcast. Lisa David Olson is the funny, engaging host. Listen to this fun podcast click here