Kim was crowned Prince William County Poet Laureate on Oct. 24, 2020 by the Prince William County Arts Council.
Kim is the First African American Prince William County Poet Laureate.
Click the picture for more info:
- Prince William Living:
Performances – Nov 2020
Kim performed poetry at a residence in Dumfries, VA, (Masks, outdoor space and social distancing were used).
Activities – Nov 2020
Kim judged an online poetry contest called: Off the Wall High School Exhibit/Competition for Art Factory.
- Kim’s poem, Not Magic, was published online at Black DMV Magazine: https://www.blackdmvmagazine.com/not-magic
- One of Kim’s poems was published in The Virginia Black Business Directory, Holiday Gift Guide which available in print and online. Her poem titled Celebrate is on page 19. This beautiful guide has so many great holiday deals so pick one up. It is free.
Performances – Dec 2020
- Kim performed poetry online. The Prince William County Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. hosted The Red Carpet Showcase for Emerging Artist and Authors with over 100 people in attendance. Here is a picture of the authors and the sorority sisters who hosted: Ms. Davis and presented: Ms. Adams. The President of this Chapter is Ms. Andrews.
- Kim performed poetry at a residence in Dumfries, VA, (Masks, outdoor space and social distancing were used).
- A video Kim recorded was included in a program called a December to Remember by Woman Of Wealth. The program was on Facebook Live via Zoom. Here is the video:
Activities – Dec 2020
- Kim performed poetry and had a Q & A session online for two 6th grade classes in Manassas Park City Schools.
- Kim performed poetry and facilitated a class online for a group of 6th and 7th graders (DC public charter school).
- Kim had a poetry reading and a Q & A on Facebook Live via Zoom. (FB page @pwcpoetlaureate2020) This monthly event is called Poetry Escaped. She answered questions and performed poetry.
- Kim performed poetry, spoke her truth and talked about her book online on Zoom and Facebook Live for Triumph The Church of the New Age – International (FB page @TriumphChurchInternational )
Kim’s poem called The Hunger Dialect was published online at the Poetry X Hunger website. There is audio of the poem too. Click here: https://www.poetryxhunger.com/create/poem-by-kim-b-miller
Performances – Jan 2021
- Kim recited her poem called Temple from Falling Leaves (Interfaith Poetry Anthology) online via Zoom. It was hosted by All Souls Church.
- Arlington County has been celebrating MLK Jr for over 50 years. This is the 52nd Annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration. It’s online and it’s free. Kim was honored to be included in this great event.
- Starting Sat., Jan. 16, visit parks.arlingtonva.us/mlk-tribute/ for a dynamic experience that allows the user to select the content they wish to view.
- The content will remain online for the coming months.
Activities – Jan 2021
- Kim created a dramatic video of a poem and it was the opening performance of an event for Northern Virginia Community College. The event was called NOVA SERVES: Virtually: MLK DAY of Service. Kim also co-facilitated one of the break out rooms which was a Family Writers’ Workshop.