Kim is not only a poetry mentor and a spoken word artist. She is a multifaceted artist.
One of Kim’s poems was published in the Washington City Paper (online and in print) in June 26, 2020.
Click the picture below to a link to the online version.
This picture belongs to Washington City Paper not Kim B Miller.
One of Kim’s Haiku was published in the international Hog Wild Anthology in Oct 2019.
Hog Wild is an anthology of 46 pig poems by 40 haiku poets from all over the world, in celebration of the Year of the Pig. Proceeds will go to Farms Not Factories, a charity in the UK. (This information is from the page where you can order the book) Click Here
Kim is the 2019 Southern Fried Poetry Haiku Champion.
Kim is the 2018 BPC Slam Champion.
Several of Kim’s Haiku were published in African Voices Magazine in Summer/Fall 2018.
One of Kim’s Haiku were published in Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine in July 2017.
Kim was a finalist in the Poet of the Year category for the Indie Author Legacy Awards 2017.
Kim is a proud member of the Prince William Arts Council
Kim is a native New Yorker, born in Brooklyn. Her family later moved to Long Island, NY. Kim went to college at Rochester Institute of Technology where she graduated with a BS in Business Administration. In 2017 she got an AAS in Information Technology at Northern Virginia Community College. She remained in NY until moving to the DMV area. She is married and has 4 children: 2 added to her heart through marriage and 2 she had in a previous marriage. She has two siblings: a sister and a brother. Her brother is deceased.
Self Publishing Class
“Thank you! I truly enjoyed our classes. Thank you again for willingly sharing all your knowledge”.
“I’ve drooled over Kim’s haiku poems for months and when she finally set up this class I was excited. I learned several new things about haiku and fell in love with it a little more. She also gave us unexpected and great tips for how to incorporate poetry into our talks and speeches, as well as how to market our poetry. This class was super informative and a lot of fun. Highly recommend you take some time to learn from Kim the next time she offers this class!
Laura Di Franco, Owner of Brave Healer Productions
As a Special Event Planner I had the opportunity to hire Kim as the featured Poet at several events and she was a great hit! Everyone loved Kim’s unique poetic style and the bold confidence that comes across when she speaks. Her poetry makes you think, smile and even laugh. Her positive spirit is infectious.
Anastasia Gadson, CGMP; Special Events Coordinator; Speak Peace Entertainment
- Kim is passionate about helping “future poets” develop their skills. She mentors students in elementary, middle school and high school.
- Kim facilitated a workshop for students to improve how they recite poetry.
- She is part of a team that mentors female inmates in a Women’s Correctional Facility in MD.
- She also mentors adult poets.
- She’s passionate about helping moms and dads parent together, even if they are in pain themselves.
- She’s been featured on WLIB, KD Bowe Morning Show with Denise Hill, giving advice and guidance to callers with questions on parenting.
- She facilitated workshops and was part of an author’s panel at Hueman Bookstore in Harlem, NY.
- She facilitates parenting classes for Prince William County in VA.
Her parenting alienation book is titled: How to love Your Kids More Than You Hate That Man
Kim’s articles have appeared in magazines and other parenting publications, including several websites:
- Woman’s Divorce http://www.womansdivorce.com/uncooperative-co-parenting.html
- Kim was one of the key note speakers on a webinar titled: Changing your Vision.
- Kim facilitated an online “Women are Art” webinar to empower women.
- Kim spoke at the Hotel RL in Baltimore. Her topic: Fear, doubt and haters can only win if you give them the victory.
- She’s an empowering motivational speaker that touches the heart, mind and soul. Her words can inspire you toward greatness.
Kim mentors adults. She believes encouragement is a gift that we all possess but sometimes we don’t offer this gift as often as it is needed.
Kim facilitates classes on a variety of topics:
Kim hosted events:
She was the host for an open mic for Speak Peace Entertainment.
She hosted a variety show at the National Black Theater in NY.
Kim hosted a private event at the Officer’s Club in VA.
She will engage the audience!
Spoken Word Poet
This spoken word artist loves writing and “spittin”. She wants you to feel her heart in each piece.
- Her poetry is her heart expressed in words: opinionated, thought provoking and real.
- Poetry is her form of breathing and she breathes deeply. Kim wants you to see her truth as she paints a vivid picture with words.
- She was the featured poet at several venues, churches and programs in NY, MD, DC, VA, SC, PA, CA, CO, NC.
- She also performed in an off Broadway production at the National Black Theater in Harlem, NY and a stage play at the Hylton Performing Arts in VA.
- Kim has several spoken word poetry books and a CD and she has an online store of her products.
believes thinking is her oxygen, words are her blood and the Lord provides both.